Sylvan Lake Veterinary Clinic COVID-19 Update
Last updated: September 13, 2021
After careful consideration and observation of increasing COVID 19 case numbers in Central Alberta and Sylvan Lake, we have decided to return completely to our curbside service. We are disappointed to make this announcement as we have really enjoyed having clients come in with their pets. However, this measure will help us continue to keep our staff and clients safe.
This means that clients will call upon arrival to the clinic for their appointment, their pet will be brought into the clinic for the scheduled procedure, the vet will call and discuss exam findings, etc. with the client, then the pet will be returned to the vehicle and payment will be made at the vehicle. Please see below for further details.
As before, one person can be present for euthanasia so long as they can wear a mask while in the clinic.
We know that this decision may be frustrating for many people as it is for us, but we ask for your patience and support so that we can successfully continue to care for your pets.
Please know that as we strive to provide professional care and treat our clients with respect, we also ask that you treat our staff with respect. This pandemic has been challenging in many ways but sharing kindness and patience will make it more tolerable.
SAFETY MEASURES TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE
Effective Thursday, September 16, 2021
1. CURBSIDE APPOINTMENTS
• Call when you arrive for your pet’s appointment. Our client care team will get your pet checked in
• A member of our medical team will come to your vehicle to collect your pet. *Please plan to stay in the parking lot*
• The veterinarian will call you to discuss the exam. Our client care team will come to your vehicle and collect payment using our portable debit machine
• Your pet will be brought out to your vehicle
2. SURGERY APPOINTMENTS
• Call when you arrive for your pet’s surgery appointment
• Our medical team will go over the treatment plan with you and get your verbal consent over the phone
• Our medical team will then come to your vehicle to pick up your pet
• Call when you arrive to pick up your pet
• Our medical team will go over the discharge instructions with you over the phone
• The client care team will come to your vehicle and collect payment using our portable debit machine
• Your pet will then be brought out to your vehicle.
3. FOOD & MEDICATION
• Call when you arrive to pick up your food or medication
• Our client care team will bring your item(s) to your vehicle with our portable debit machine
4. ONLINE STORE
• Online shopping for your pet is now available. Purchase food, treats, dietary supplements, accessories, toys, and many other products online, 24/7 from the comfort of your home and have them delivered to your door or to the clinic for pick up.
• To place an order through our online store, click on the blue "Online Store" button at the top of our website or visit firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO GET STARTED:
1. Click on the register button
2. Create an account and password
3. Shop your pet’s food, favorite treats & toys
4. Choose where to ship your order
With the curbside protocol in place, we will continue to provide medical services to your pet without compromising the health and safety of our dedicated team members. This protocol may take longer so we ask that you please be patient and kind with our team as we work to make this transition as smooth as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us @ 403-887-4240. Please note that we are receiving more calls than usual. We apologize for any delays that you may experience when reaching out to us.
We thank you for your understanding as we try to find a balance during the waves of this pandemic.